Pilot Rehire and Inactivity
- You will be marked inactive if you do not complete the initial probationary flight or if you fail to comply with the one (1) flight per month requirement.
- If you are marked inactive, you will have 10 days to file a Flight Report or you will be terminated without warning.
- If you are returning after resigning from the airline also must complete the Rehire Application. Once reinstated into the airline with all hours and awards, you will have fourteen (14) days to file a Flight Report. If you fail to file a Flight Report within the allotted time you will be permanently banned from the airline. It is at the disposal of the Executive Staff the approve of your application without any need for explanation.
- Virtual United accepts VATSIM/ IVAO and Virtual Airline transfer hours.
- Virtual United will honor up to 150 hours.
- If you would like to transfer hours after you have been accepted please email your hub manager with the transfer hours and direct link within the first 72 hours of acceptance.
Requirements and Policies
- You must be 14 years of age or older.
- You must own a legal copy of Microsoft® Flight Simulator 2004 (FS9), Microsoft® Flight Simulator X (FSX), Lockheed Martin PREPAR3D® or X-Plane.
- You must agree to the Pilot Handbooks and Policies within it.
- You must be able to complete at least one (1) flight per month.
- You must be willing to be part of the Virtual United Community.
- You must have an active and working email address.
- You must have no major disciplinary history on the VATSIM network.
Virtual United takes online bullying very seriously. Please note that any online bullying witnessed by staff or reported to staff will result in serious concequences.
Virtual United ACARS is compatible with Windows 7 or later and FSUIPC or XPUIPC.
Manual Flight Reports are always accepted provided the flight was flown on VATSIM/ IVAO.
You must have no major disciplinary history with your previous Virtual Airline, such as been banned.
- Your application will be processed within 72 hours of submission.
- Once you are accepted you will be placed into the crewbase of your choice*.
- You will be in the probationary period until you submit your first Flight Report within 14 days of hire.
You must read the handbook prior to taking the entrance examination. Note: you are allowed to use this handbook on the exam.
Leave of Absence
- If you are not a military personnel you are allowed up to 180 days.
- To request LOA you must submit a LOA request via the Pilot Center. Any emails to staff requesting LOA will be disposed.
- Military personnel are allowed up to 1 year (365 days) for LOA. Military pilots must email their hub manager to request an extended LOA. You must also submit an LOA Request via the pilot center for it to be considered valid.